3 Important Things to Know On Election Day
Today is November 3, Election Day - Make sure you know your rights with these 3 important reminders.
Over 9 million Texans cast their votes during early voting but if still haven’t cast your vote, today is your last day to do so.
Polls will be open until 7 p.m. today, and you can vote at any Vote Center on Election Day.
As you make your plan to vote (don’t forget your ID), there are three important things that you should remember:
- If you are in line and the polls close, stay in line and cast your vote.
- If you make a mistake on your ballot, speak up and ask for a new one.
- If the machines are down at the polling place, ask for a paper ballot instead.
If you have any problems or issues on Election Day, call the Election Protection Hotline:
- English: 1-866-OUR-VOTE / 1-866-687-8683
- Spanish: 1-888-VE-Y-VOTA / 1-888-839-8682
- Arabic: 1-844-YALLA-US / 1-844-925-5287
- For Bengali, Cantonese, Hindi, Urdu, Korean, Mandarin, Tagalog, or Vietnamese: 1-888-274-8683
Now that you are ready to vote, find your polling location HERE.
Once again, don’t forget your ID, and if you don’t have one, check out what other forms of identification are acceptable HERE.
Make your voice heard, mask up and cast your vote today, and if you already voted, thank you for doing so.
LOOK: Here are 50 political terms you should know before the upcoming election