11th Annual Poppy Fest Coming in April
El Paso’s beautiful poppies will be blooming at the 11th Annual Poppy Fest on April 1, 2017.
Spring has arrived and so have the yellow Mexican poppies that blanket and cover the Franklin Mountains. Join the El Paso Museum of Archaeology along with the Franklin Mountains Wilderness Coalition at the annual Poppy Fest at the El Paso Museum of Archaeology.
The public is invited to the free annual event to not only enjoy the beauty of mother nature but to also enjoy live entertainment exhibits, art and food vendors, activities for kids, nature tours and much more.
The family friendly event will also feature the following demos:
- Live archery demonstrations by the Museum of Archeology
- Houdini, the hawk from the El Paso Zoo
- A live wolf from the Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary near Albuquerque
And to round out the festivities, the Downtown Art and Farmers Market will move to the museum grounds to celebrate the Poppy Festival for that day only.
- 11th Annual Poppy Fest
- El Paso Museum of Archaeology
- Saturday – April 1, 2017
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Free parking will be available at Cohen Stadium with shuttle buses available from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.