Super Bowl Fun Facts
You'll most likely be filling your belly with food and drink later today. In the meantime, fill your head with all kinds of useless Super Bowl trivia courtesy of Yahoo Sports and AskMen.com:
- 6 percent of Americans call in sick the Monday after Super Bowl.
- On the Monday after the Super Bowl, antacid sales increase by 20 percent.
- Pizza sales go up 35 percent the day of the Super Bowl.
- 8 million pounds of guacamole will be consumed on Super Bowl Sunday.
- 14,500 tons of chips will be eaten along with that guacamole.
- Dips and spreads are top choice for food to eat during the Super Bowl (at 30 percent) followed by chicken wings (22 percent), pizza (17 percent), chips and salty snacks (14 percent), and burgers and hot dogs (9 percent).
- Super Bowl fans spend more than $50 million on food during the four days prior to the super bowl.
- Super Bowl Sunday is the biggest winter grilling day of the year.
- More than 49 million cases of beer will be purchased. The Super Bowl is the seventh most popular "beer holiday," behind July 4th, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Halloween.
- More drivers are involved in alcohol-related accidents on Super Bowl Sunday than any other day of the year except St. Patrick's Day.
- The Super Bowl is the second largest day of food consumption behind Thanksgiving.
- Your average calorie intake during the game is about 1,200 calories. (You'd need to run 12 miles to burn off those calories.)
- You would need about 13,333 NFL linemen (at 300 pounds each) to balance the four-million pounds of fat consumed from potato chips on Super Bowl Sunday.
- The average number of people at a Super Bowl party is 17.
- 5 percent of Americans will watch the game alone.
- Super Bowl weekend is the slowest weekend of the year for weddings.
- 1.5 million TVs are sold the week before the Super Bowl.
The following I can't vouch for. Probably because I just made them up :)
--Madonna has bigger biceps than Eli Manning.
--The orange sauce coating Buffalo wings is the same stuff Snooki uses for bronzer.
--The Giants will wear special contact lenses to keep them from being mesmerized by Tom Brady's beauty.
--Ever since the infamous Janet Jackson ‘wardrobe malfunction’, you must now have an AARP card to perform at the halftime show.