‘You Know You’re from New Mexico If’ List Celebrates State’s 104th Birthday
A shout-out and a happy birthday to the state of New Mexico. In observance of President William Howard Taft signing New Mexico into statehood on Jan. 7, 1912, please enjoy the following humorous Internet list.
You Know You're from New Mexico If:
• You know what it means when a waitress asks “red or green?”
• You either have been or know someone who has been abducted by aliens
• You just got your fifth DWI
• And your third pit bull
• Most restaurants you go to begin with ‘El’ or ‘Los’
• Tumbleweeds and various cacti in your lawn are not weeds. They are your lawn
• When someone talks about “Las Vegas” you think of the small town in the northeastern part of the state and not the one in Nevada
And finally ...
• You get these jokes and plan to pass them on to other New Mexicans