Grilling Season Doesn’t End With Labor Day – Check Out UTEP’s Tailgating Policy
Everyone is going to enjoy some grilling fun today, but just because summer is over, that doesn’t mean you should put your grill away. Football tailgate season kicks off this weekend with the UTEP season opener this Saturday at the Sun Bowl!
Saturday night, UTEP opens it’s football season when they kick off against the University of New Mexico at 6 p.m., and that means it’s time to tailgate! UTEP revised it’s rules on tailgating last year, so now is a good time to go over some of the rules and regs of partying on the UTEP campus:
1. Only one vehicle per space is allowed. Spaces are first come, first served. Tailgating is only allowed 4 feet in front of, or behind, your vehicle. There is no tailgating in the parking garage.
2. You can’t use glass containers. Kegs, beer balls, and beer funnels are not allowed on campus or in tailgating areas.
3. Tailgaters have to be set up by the end of the first quarter, and one person can stay behind to keep an eye on things.
4. You can set up your tailgate beginning at 2 p.m. on game day in the inner campus areas. The outer parking lots on campus are open at 8 a.m. on game day for tailgaters.
5. You can only use generators in the RV parking lot on Schuster Ave.
6. You can’t use DJ or amplified sound systems on campus.
These are tailgating rules for campus. If you tailgate off campus, you’ll have to follow different rules. It’s best to call ahead to find out what is allowed in those areas.