Grilling Season Doesn’t End With Labor Day — Check Out UTEP’s Tailgating Policy
Summer is grilling season, but don’t put away your grill just yet because this weekend is the first UTEP football game of the season, and that means it’s time to tailgate. Saturday night, UTEP opens it’s football season at home when they take on Incarnate Word Saturday night at the Sun Bowl. Here are the rules and regs of partying on the UTEP campus:
- One tailgate setup per parking space to include vehicle, canopies and cooking area.
- Spaces are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Tailgating should take place within 4 feet in front of or behind your vehicle.
- No tailgating allowed in the parking garages.
- Overnight parking with exception of ticketed RV’s is not allowed on University property.
- For your safety, glass containers are not allowed anywhere on campus during game days.
- Kegs, beer balls, and other common-source containers also are prohibited on campus and in tailgating areas. This includes beer funnels.
- Inner campus tailgates may start at 2 p.m. while outer lots may begin at 8 a.m. Tailgaters must enter the Sun Bowl Stadium by the end of the first quarter. One person may stay at each tailgating site during the game if there is a large setup.
- No drinking games of any kind allowed.
There are more details about what you can take into Sun Bowl stadium and other rules about attending football games online at the UTEP website.