What Are Great Places To Pick Fresh Fruit Around El Paso
Eating healthy is very important & there's nothing like picking out your food right when it's fresh. You can grow your own fruit tree but it CAN be tricky. So where are some places that are close to El Paso? Thankfully, with the farms around us, there's a handful of spots to go to that are just outside of El Paso:
Where To Get Apples or Cherries:
I love apples so if you're wanting to pick the freshest apples, there's actually 4 places around El Paso that you can go to:
- U Pick Mesilla Valley Apples & Farm Fresh Apple Pie: 2330 Shalem Colony in Las Cruces, New Mexico 88007. [Although it currently says temporarily closed]
- Cadwallader Mountain Farms: They had their last day of picking on the 4th of July but they're located at 13 Mountain Rd in Mountain Park, NM 88325
- Nichols Ranch & Orchard: They have limited hours for Saturday but there is an upcoming apple festival in October. They're located at 236 Cottonwood Canyon Road in La Luz, New Mexico 88337
- San Patricio Berry Farm: The Berry Farm is not too far away from Alamogordo; located in the village of San Patricio, approximately 17 miles east of Ruidoso along Hwy 70.
If you're looking for more fruit, there's a new location called Valhalla Orchards that specializes in growing peaches. However they have all kinds of fruits available for picking. 35 Tanzy Road Arrey, New Mexico 87930.
When Fall rolls around, that's the perfect time to get pumpkins.
Some of the best places to go, in my opinion, are:
- La Union Maze: They always have a great maze between September & October.1101 Highway 28 Anthony, NM 88021
- The Mesilla Valley Maze: It's another favorite maze/pumpkin patch to go to. 3855 W Picacho Ave, Las Cruces, NM 88007
- El Paso Corn Maze: Who doesn't love going to the Corn Maze around Halloween? They ARE open during the week, but only during Wednesdays. 1100 Old Hueco Tanks Rd, Socorro, TX 79927
The Ramirez Pecan Farm is one of the best pecan farms located just outside of El Paso, in Clint. They're found at 13709 N Loop. Another great pecan farm is located in Fabens, called Surratt Farms. You can find them 17600 Middle Island Road in Fabens, Texas 79838. If you're around Las Cruces, you can find the Stahmanns Pecan Farm out there: 22500 NM-28, La Mesa, NM 88044.
And of course you can't ignore the fruit markets. There's MANY to list off so if you want a full list, you can see them on the Visit El Paso website.