Tricia’s Random Photos Of The Week
If you have a phone, you have a camera. I love to take photos all the time, so I picked a few to post. There is no rhyme or reason to the ones I chose, they're just photos I liked. I take photos all over town and do a little filtering because everything looks better with a filter!
1. Spring is springing - This tree is in a neighborhood I drive through to get home. It bursts into bloom every year around this time and it always looks spectacular. It's one of my favorite trees in the whole world. Yes, I have a favorite tree!
2. Aztec calendar - This is a replica in cast iron of the original which is in the National Museum of Mexico. It's a pretty impressive piece of art. It is across the street from The Tap in a little plaza.
3. Cranes in downtown El Paso - These cranes look close together but they are actually many streets apart. I took this photo looking on downtown from the top of Mesa.
4. Immaculate Conception stained glass window - I took this photo as I was waiting for ashes on Wednesday. I know I shouldn't take a photo in church, but the light was amazing on this window. Immaculate Conception is my favorite church in the world. Second favorite is the cathedral in Mazatlan, but I don't have photos of that one, sadly.
5. Downtown buildings - I can't remember which building I was in when I took this photo because it happened pretty quickly, but I loved the perspective because of the iconic buildings in that position. From left to right they are the Wells Fargo building, the El Paso Electric building in the background, the old El Paso Natural Gas Building with the iconic Blue Flame on the roof, and the Plaza Hotel which is undergoing a renovation. This is probably one of my favorite photos I've ever taken.
6. Pink tree - I started this blog with a white tree, so I'll end it with a pink tree. This tree makes me smile every spring. Love this tree.