Think Texas Has Some Weird Laws? Check Out Some Of New Mexico’s
I found some weird laws that really are on the books in Texas. Turns out New Mexico has some even weirder ones.
A while back, I wrote about some crazy laws that, (while pretty much impossible to enforce), are really in effect in Texas.
That got me thinking about our northern neighbor, New Mexico. I looked and, yep, they have some pretty whacky laws too. Some as weird ... and some weirder ... than those Texas ones.
Here are a few examples. (Feminists aren't going to like the first 2 ...)
- In NM, women cannot, legally, put gas in their vehicle or change a tire. I don't think there's a law requiring men to do it for them so, ladies, be polite to men.
- Here's another one for the ladies, specifically those in Carrizozo. If you're stepping out tonight, make sure you're clean shaven. Otherwise, the man gonna get'cha.
- Nobody, male or female, in the 505/575 is allowed to misspell anyone's name. It's not only annoying, it's a legal no - no.
- If you're wearing a sombrero, dancing is out. Sport the sombrero or bust a move ... just not at the same time.
- Public duels are out. Unless you don't discuss it openly. Keep your trap shut and, apparently, you're ok.
- Idiots can't vote in the land of enchantment. They can obviously be elected but they cannot help decide which idiot gets the office.
Not enough legal weirdness for you? Click here for more.