What’s Open and What’s Closed in El Paso on MLK Day
Here is what will be closed Monday, January 20, 2020 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
MLK Day is a federal holiday marking the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. It celebrates the life and achievements of the influential civil rights leader.
● El Paso County Courthouse and its related county offices
● City Hall and all city administrative offices
● One Stop Shop
● Municipal Court
● Public Libraries
● Museum of Art
● Museum of Archaeology
● Museum of History and Digital Wall
● Citizen Collection Stations
● Greater El Paso Landfill
● San Elizario
● El Paso Community College
● The University of Texas at El Paso
Parks and Recreation
● All Senior Centers and Daycare Operations
● All Pre-school and after school programs
Banks and Postal Service
Banks and other financial institutions along with the United States Post Office will be closed. There will not be any mail delivery, and any banking will have to be conducted online or at an ATM.
THE FOLLOWING WILL BE OPEN:
● El Paso Zoo
● Indoor pools
● Animal Services Shelter
● Recreation Centers (1 p.m. to 6 p.m.): Armijo, Galatzan, Gary del Palacio, Leona F. Washington, Martin Robbins, Pavo Real, Veterans
Sun Metro’s fixed routes including BRIO and LIFT services will operate on a normal schedule. Streetcar service will run at its regular times as well.
Trash is not picked up on Mondays so it will not be affected.
Retail and Restaurants
If you’re planning on shopping or dining out, most stores, restaurants, shopping centers, and malls will remain open. However, some may be operating on holiday schedule with limited or reduced hours of operation while others -- such as locally owned small businesses -- may be closed. Call to confirm before heading out.