Here’s Where You Can Find Warming Centers Across El Paso This Weekend
Winter weather has arrived in the borderland and you can really feel that dip in temperatures.
Overnight lows across the borderland dropped down to the teens and we are only expected to reach the upper 30s Friday afternoon. Below freezing temperatures are expected Friday night into Saturday with highs only reaching to mid 40s for Christmas Eve Saturday.
With these colder temperatures don’t forget the very important 4 P’s:
- Pets: Bring your pets inside because they deserve to stay warm like you!
- People: Check on neighbors who may not have a working heater in their homes.
- Pipes: Cover those pipes to prevent any damage or bursting!
- Plants: And bring your precious plants inside or cover them to prevent them from freezing!
Warming centers are also set to open up across El Paso to help those that may not have a working heater.
The centers are a collaboration between the Office of Emergency Management (OEM), the City's Parks and Recreation Department, and the Extreme Weather Task Force.
Warming centers will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m beginning Friday, Dec. 23rd to Sunday, Dec. 25th.
Warming Center Locations:
- Galatzan Recreation Center 650 Wallenberg Dr.
- Marty Robbins Rec Center 11600 Vista Del Sol Dr.
- Memorial Senior Center 1800 Byron St.
- Chaleo Acosta Sports Center 4321 Delta Dr.
- Veterans Rec Center 5301 Salem Dr.
- Valle Bajo Community Center 7380 Alameda Dr.
Officials are urging those seeking access to warming centers and/or experiencing insufficient heat to visit a warming center and/or contact 3-1-1 for more information.
El Paso's March Snowstorm