Here We Go Again: New COVID-19 Mega Site Is Now Open
A new mega COVID-19 testing site goes up tomorrow in collaboration with UTEP, the City’s Department of Public Health, and the Office of Emergency Management.
City health officials are urging El Pasoans to get tested for COVID-19, especially now that the Delta variant has been confirmed in our city. While most El Pasoans are still getting vaccinated, infected persons with little to no symptoms can still spread the virus to others and may lead to someone becoming seriously ill or even die.
It hasn't been that long since the testing site near UTEP went down, but here we are again, getting another location due to the latest surge of COVID-19 cases.
Unlike the previous testing site, this location will offer testing options to include nasal or saliva PCR tests with results available within 24 to 48 hours and two modes of availability.
- The testing site is open free to the public with no appointments needed
- Two lanes will accommodate UTEP Miners (students, employees + their household members in the same vehicle).
- A valid Miner Gold Card is required to access the UTEP lanes.
- Individuals also have the option for walk-up testing near the entrance of the building.
- The site will be open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- COVID-19 mega testing site location: 3333 N. Mesa
- Entrance to the site will be from Sun Bowl Drive at Kern Drive.
Health officials also remind the public to continue wearing face coverings, wash your hands frequently and keep your distance, regardless of whether you have or have not yet received the vaccine.
For more details on the city’s mega testing site and on-campus testing for students, visit utep.edu/covidtesting. For alternate testing locations and COVID-19 information, visit epstrong.org.