Get A Free Ride To Polling Sites Thanks To Sun Metro On Election Day
Election Day is tomorrow, and Sun Metro will be offering free rides to polling locations across El Paso.
Early voting ended October 30, and tomorrow is Election Day, the last and absolute day to cast your vote for the 2020 Presidential Election.
If you need help getting to the polls, Sun Metro is making it easy to cast your vote by offering free complimentary bus rides to El Pasoans.
Both Sun Metro’s fixed-route and LIFT paratransit services will waive fares for voters on Election Day. Registered LIFT paratransit customers are required to schedule their trip per Sun Metro LIFT policies and procedures.
Uber is also helping people find their polling locations with an in-app poll-finding feature and 50% off roundtrip rides to and from the polls (up to $7 each trip), or up to $14 for the two trips. The discount also applies to bikes and scooters. After booking your discounted ride, you’ll see the car icon featuring an American flag (see app details as terms and conditions apply).
Polls will be open until 7 p.m. on Election Day (November 3), so make a plan to vote and don’t forget these three important things:
- If you are in line and the polls close, stay in line and cast your vote.
- If you make a mistake on your ballot, speak up and ask for a new one.
- If the machines are down at the polling place, ask for a paper ballot instead.
If you have any problems or issues on Election Day, call the Election Protection Hotline:
- English: 1-866-OUR-VOTE / 1-866-687-8683
- Spanish: 1-888-VE-Y-VOTA / 1-888-839-8682
- Arabic: 1-844-YALLA-US / 1-844-925-5287
- For Bengali, Cantonese, Hindi, Urdu, Korean, Mandarin, Tagalog, or Vietnamese: 1-888-274-8683
November 3 is the last day to make your voice heard, so go cast your vote and if you already voted, thank you for doing so.
LOOK: Here are 50 political terms you should know before the upcoming election