El Paso COVID-19 Testing Sites Re-Located To Accommodate Capacity
The State testing sites have relocated to larger mega drive-thrus due to increased testing demand.
Due to the high testing demand, which has caused an increase in testing wait times, State testing sites have been consolidated - four of the five testing sites will become two larger mega drive-thru locations instead.
The transition to the two new locations will allow for multiple lanes to increase daily capacity and accommodate for the high demand for COVID-19 testing. The new sites will increase specimen capacity of up to 1,000 tests per site, per day – before some of the test sites were only able to conduct about 200 tests.
Note: The testing site at Nation Tobin Recreation Center, 8831 Railroad Dr., which is operational Monday through Saturday and is able to accommodate multiple lanes, will remain at the existing site.
The new testing site locations are open with no appointments required to get tested. The re-located State testing sites are available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., July 20 to July 31 at the following locations:
- El Paso Community College Valle Verde Campus, 919 Hunter Dr., El Paso, TX
- SISD Student Activities Complex, 1300 Joe Battle Blvd., El Paso, TX
- All of the testing sites will administer nasal tests
- Testing is free and available to members of the community with or without COVID-19 symptoms
- No appointments needed
- Arrive early as tests are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Once the daily capacity is met at each location, the site will be closed for the day
- Test results from State sites will be provided via email within 2-3 days
For more information about alternative testing sites throughout the community visit EPStrong.org.