El Paso City Council Approves Eastside Sport Complex
El Paso City Council has approved the development of the first phase of an 80-acre facility known as the Eastside Sports Complex.
The first phase of development of the complex which was approved council is a design-build contract amendment establishing the Guaranteed Maximum Price of approximately $8.6 million which will be located in Far East El Paso near the intersection of Montwood and John Hayes.
The development of the 42.2 acres of land, which will include the following services and amenities:
- 7 sodded irrigated competition flat fields, and 1 championship style field
- Shaded seating to accommodate 500 spectators
- Fencing to maintain control access
- A new hike and bike trail will be constructed along the perimeter of the park
- ADA compliant restrooms
- Parking and sidewalks
- A sheltered area with picnic tables and benches, which will allow food trucks to serve visitors and spectators during competitions or events.
- A new storage and maintenance facility
Design and construction of the Eastside Sports Complex is funded by the 2012 Quality of Life Bonds, and is part of the City of El Paso’s commitment to enhance El Paso’s quality of life through recreational, cultural, and educational environments.