Drive-In Movies Continue With Movies On The Fly At The Airport
Summer just got saved with Movies on The Fly – the new drive-in movie series at Hanger 7 Studios at the El Paso International Airport.
Movies On The Fly is a new drive-in style movie series that will begin August 14 through August 30, 2020, in El Paso.
Drive-in style movie theatres have become one of the new ways we are enjoying our entertainment these days thanks to the COVID-19 virus. Beginning August 14, El Paso Live and the El Paso International Airport will host Movies on the Fly at Hanger 7 Studios located at 6600 Airport Rd. (Corner of Leigh Fisher and Airport).
Rally the family, jump in the car, and head to the Airport for weekend fun in August with drive-in style movies on a 55’ screen with a spectacular view of the airfield and runway lights at night. Movie patrons are welcome to bring in their own food and beverages to enjoy during the movie too.
Featured movies include fan favorites like the original Ghostbusters, Nacho Libre and Shrek. Movies will be screened every weekend beginning on Fridays during the second half of the month beginning at 8:30 p.m.
Movie Lineup and Event Details:
Movies On The Fly: August 14 – August 30
- Friday, August 14 – Ghostbusters at 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 15 – Nacho Libre at 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 16 – Moana at 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 21 – The Karate Kid at 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 22 – Shrek at 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 23 – The Fast & The Furious at 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 28 - Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- Saturday, August 29 – Dazed & Confused
- Sunday, August 31 – Sing
- Tickets are available for $25 plus a facility fee per vehicle, on sale at elpaslive.com (No cash sales day of show)
- Movies will begin at 8:30 p.m. and end between 10 and 10:30 p.m.
- Admission starts at 7:30 p.m.
- Staff in yellow reflective vests will direct you
- Parking is first-come, first-served
- Vehicles will be parked in a checkboard pattern with spaces between each.
- Turn off your headlights when parked
- Do not tap your brakes during the movies
- RVs and limousines not allowed
- Stay inside your vehicle unless for restroom breaks
- Must be wearing a mask when stepping outside of your vehicle
- Sitting outside is prohibited (patrons may watch from the bed of a truck, with masks on)
- Law enforcement officers will patrol the premises
- Movie audio will be available via FM radio - The frequency will be posted on the screen before the movie begins.
Food & Alcohol
- Food and soft drinks allowed – No concessions will not be available
- No alcohol is allowed
- No pets are allowed
- Service dogs allowed
- Male, female, and ADA portable restrooms, with hand washing stations, will be available
- Follow social distancing of 6 feet apart while standing inline
- Law enforcement officers and emergency medical technicians will staff all events
- Parking attendants and law enforcement officers will direct traffic in and out of each venue