Borderland Fridas Homage To Frida Kahlo this Weekend
Celebrate Frida Kahlo this weekend at the El Paso Funeral Museum on Saturday, July 6, 2019.
In celebration of what would have been Frida Kahlo’s 112th birthday, The Borderland Frida’s, along with the El Paso Funeral Museum, and Tooth & Veil Oddities invite the El Paso community to their annual Homenaje A Frida Kahlo.
The Borderland Frida’s are an art collective that was inspired by the Phoenix Fridas, and who dedicate themselves towards educating and enlightening the community about the rich culture of our region.
The Homenaje A Frida Kahlo will be hosted at the El Paso Funeral Museum along with entertainment by local dancers including Valle Del Sol and Ballet Folklorico of El Paso, Danza Azteca Omecoatl and Luna Y Sol Duet. Attendees are also encouraged to dress up and enter the Frida Look-Alike Contest for both youths and adults.
The free family-friendly indoor and outdoor event will also include Frida inspired workshops to celebrate her life and artwork along with a Frida alter and birthday cake while it lasts, over 20 artisan vendors and much more.
- Frida Kahlo Movie will be showing all day
- “I Painted That” – All day Frida Art classes and canvas class
- Fridita Calaverita: Sugar Skull Workshop with Señora Calavera, all day
- Frida Kahlo face painting
- 1:00 p.m. – Danza Azteca Omecoatl
- 2:00 p.m. – Junior Frida Kahlo Contest (1st, 2nd 3rd prizes)
- 2:30 p.m. – Ballet Folklorico Valle Del Sol
- 3:00 p.m. – Ballet Folklorico of El Paso
- 4:00 p.m. – Frida Kahlo Look-A-Like Contest (1st, 2nd, 3rd prizes)
For more information or booth, reservations call Royal Calaveritas at 915-209-0097.
- Homenaje A Frida Kahlo
- Saturday - July 6, 2019
- El Paso Funeral Museum / 6111 S Desert Blvd, El Paso, TX 79932
- 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.