Beto O’Rourke Rally And 4 Other Events Happening Downtown On Saturday
Former El Paso Congressman Beto O'Rourke will officially kick off his presidential campaign with a rally in El Paso this weekend. It's just one of five big events happening all in one day in the center of town. If you want to make things easier on yourself, park your car and ride the streetcar in and out of downtown. Here's a link for details on the street car.
Here's the rundown on all the events:
1. Beto's kickoff rally - The rally will be held on South El Paso Street between west Overland and West Paisano. The rally starts around 10:00 o'clock Saturday morning. You will have had to RSVP to go to the rally. Click here for all the information on the rally and how to RSVP.
2. El Paso GOP rally - From their Facebook page, "JOIN US TO SUPPORT TRUMP IN FRONT OF THE PLAZA THEATRE at 9:30AM. LET'S DEMONSTRATE TO THE NATIONAL MEDIA OUR GRAVE CONCERNS ABOUT THE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE. New rally location is 125 West Mills Street at the old Pioneer Plaza. Remember to Bring your small flags and wear red. MAGA HATS will be available for sale, and free flags if you don't have one."
3. El Paso Crit Race - El Paso was selected as one of nine destinations in the country to host a race of this magnitude. About 3,000 competitors and spectators from around the country will be coming to the city for the event. It's a NASCAR-style race on a closed course. The 3/4 of a mile race course will start and end at San Jacinto Plaza, which means some roads will be closed around downtown. Check out the details here.
4. Locomotive Soccer game - This event is happening a little later in the day, but because of all the events going on, there will be some leftover people hanging around downtown. Here is the schedule and the link to buy tickets online.
5. Sun City Craft Beer Fest - Sun City Craft Beer Fest says they will have various kinds of wines, spirits, sparkling wine, champagne, and delicatessen, oils and vinegar. You can get details about the event here.