11 Instagrammable Spots You Shouldn’t Miss At StreetFest
StreetFest 2017 is right around the corner. We'll have tons of music, food, beer, and shenanigans that you've come to love and expect from StreetFests past. Since we all have phones and Facebooks and Instagrams, whip that phone out and take some great Instagram photos of downtown El Paso while you're hanging out at StreetFest.
I took a walk around downtown El Paso last week and took some photos of the most Instagrammable sights around downtown both inside and outside of the footprint of StreetFest. I'll describe where they are so you can go right to them, but this is just my list of favorite places to photograph downtown. Make up your own list and post your pics to @elpasostreetfest so we can all see your favorite Instagrammable spots during StreetFest.
1. Arts Festival Plaza - This is the plaza between the Plaza Theater complex and the El Paso Museum of Art. During Street Fest you'll see a ton of people and vendors and the scene constantly changes. At the end of the space, there is an amazing fountain.
2. The Fountain at Arts Festival Plaza - During Street Fest the fountain will be running and lit up. It is really an amazing spot to sit and people watch and to Instagram.
3. Plaza Hotel - The Plaza has been around since 1929. It was built on the site of the Sheldon Hotel that burned down. The hotel was built by Conrad Hilton who is the great-grandfather of Paris Hilton. It is an Art Deco masterpiece that is going to be renovated by Paul Foster.
4. Plaza Theater Sign - The Plaza Theater is a real comeback tale in downtown El Paso. The theater was built in 1930 and was a dazzling theater, but it was closed by 1989 and almost torn down to make way for a parking lot. It is now one of the jewels in the crown of downtown El Paso and the sign leads way to the theater around the corner.
5. The Plaza Theater - This is a spectacular theater that you can tour every Tuesday at noon, but during StreetFest, just take in the amazing facade of the building and take a photo of you and your StreetFest buds out in front.
6. El Paso Museum of Art - The museum will be closed during StreetFest, but the ribbon art, or at least the art I like to call a ribbon, is a really pretty backdrop for a sleek Insta shot.
7. The White House/Mills Building - The White House was an upscale department store in El Paso for decades. The building was built in 1912 and the facade makes an amazing Insta backdrop.
8. Convention Center Lights - The lights on the Convention Center will be lit up during StreetFest and look super cool in Instas. Take photos of throughout the night because they change colors.
9. Arts Festival Plaza Fountain - This is a cool feature in the Arts Festival area. You can sit down, the lights will be on, and it really is a great place to meet up with friends or grab a place to eat something delicious from the StreetFest food trucks.
10. The Hotel Formerly Known As The Camino Real - This hotel is a Trost-designed beauty that has fallen on some tough times recently, but is undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation. The part of the hotel in this photo is the original hotel - the tower was built much later. The hotel was built in 1912 and will soon be back up to snuff.
11. Santa Fe Street - Right now, the street is a street, but during StreetFest this street will be capped by the Budweiser Made in America stage and see the likes of Alice Cooper, Dokken, and Papa Roach rocking downtown El Paso. It's amazing to see Santa Fe the way it is right now with cars on it, and then see it during StreetFest filled to capacity with people hanging out and enjoying El Paso's best music festival. Can't wait to see you there!