El Paso Labor Day Closings
To help you plan for the upcoming Labor Day holiday, here’s a look at what is open and what is closed around town.
- City, county office
- City Hall
- County and federal courthouse
- EPCC, UTEP classes, offices
- El Paso, Ysleta, Socorro, Clint ISD classes, offices
- Post office
- Banks and Credit Unions
And don’t look for the mailman either. Snow, rain, or heat may not keep them from “the swift completion of their appointed rounds,” but a government holiday will.
Sun Metro’s regular (fixed route) and LIFT (paratransit) will run on a Sunday/holiday schedule. The customer service line for fixed route — (915)212-3333 or (915)533-3333 — will be on a Sunday/Holiday schedule as well, (8 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
The administrative offices (10151 Montana), the Eastside Transit Terminal ticket office (1165 Sunmount) and the Bert Williams Downtown Santa Fe Transfer Center ticket office (601 Santa Fe) will be closed.
City Rec Centers:
All Senior centers will be closed. Galtazan and Veterans daycare will be closed.Sports Centers in Nations Tobin and Chalio Acosta will operate under normal hours.
- Galatzan 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Gary Del Palacio 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Marty Robbins 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Pavo Real 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Veterans 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Armijo 1 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Leona F. Washington 1 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Most businesses, grocery stores and major box stores will be open — some on a holiday schedule
- Cielo Vista Mall
- Sunland Park Mall
- Fountains at Farrah
- Las Palmas Shopping Center
- Bassett Place
- El Paso Zoo