The Noodle Man Shares Easy Thai Recipe Ahead of Pop Up In El Paso
Dream, aka The Noodle Man, is sharing a recipe for an easy-to-make-at-home Thai dish ahead of his pop-up this weekend in El Paso.
Dream Kasestatad is the chef and owner of Pranom Pop-Up, a traveling Thai street food pop-up who grew up around his parent's Thai restaurant. Years later, the aspiring actor and chef gained notoriety after being featured on the cover for Eater and LA Weekly magazine's food section. Soon after, a pilot show based on his real-life, titled "The Noodle Man," began airing on Amazon Prime growing his fan base further.
El Pasoans who would like to get a taste of what the buzz is all about can pick up an order or two at Old Sheepdog Brewery, where The Noodle Man's Pranom Pop-Up will take place over the weekend.
Before then, Dream invited me over on Thursday evening to get a sneak peek and taste of Pad see ew, a stir-fried noodle dish (vegan version) commonly eaten in Thailand.
In less than 15 minutes, Dream breaks down the ingredients and cooks up the most incredible Pad see ew I've ever had in my life.
In the video below, Dream shares an easy-to-make-at-home authentic Thai dish that will have you serving dinner in 30 minutes or less, prep included.
If you cannot make it out this weekend to taste his amazing eats, you can make your own version at home with the help of The Noodle Man in the video below.
Dream is not only sharing his generational Thai cuisine around the country; he is also a one-man show; from prepping to cooking, The Noodle Man does it all.
As a result, the menu will be stripped down to one option per day:
Saturday, July 17th Menu - Rad Nad:
- Thick rice wok stir-fried with chicken, Chinese Broccoli, mixed greens, eggs, chicken, bean sprouts, dry Thai chilies, straw mushrooms, lime citrus in a thick soybean sauce. A vegan option with tofu will also be available. No modifications.
Sunday, July 18th Menu - Pad Thai:
- Thin rice noodles wok stir-fried with chicken, pickled turnips, bean sprouts, chives, roasted peanuts, dry chiles, eggs, and lime citrus. A vegan option with tofu will also be available. No modifications.
Both dishes also pair well with any of the available craft brews at Old Sheepdog Brewery, featuring a unique "The Noodle Man" special edition beer can label.
- The Noodle Man Thai Food Pop-Up
- Old Sheep Dog Brewery / 3900 Rosa Ave. 79905
- Saturday & Sunday - July 17 & 18, 2021
- Foodservice begins at 12 p.m. until sold out
- Cash and CC accepted
- First-come, First-served
- Would you mind letting the cashier know if you have a peanut allergy - No modifications except for peanut allergy?
This weekend taste and experience The Noodle Man's authentic Thai cuisine and don't be late because supply is limited and will sell out quickly.
Pad See Ew Ingredients:
- Ong Choy
- Bean Sprouts
- Chinese Brocolli
- White Vinegar
- Vegetable Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Mushroom Soy
- Sweet Soy Sauce
- Mushroom Bullion Powder
- Lime Juice
- Dried Chili Peppers
- Fried Garlic
- Wok Optional
25 Celebrities Who Have Stayed at The Historic Hotel Paso del Norte
The 11 Tallest Buildings In El Paso