The 83rd Annual El Paso Sun Bowl Thanksgiving Day Parade Details
According to SunBowl.org, over the last few years over one million people have attended the Thanksgiving Parade. For the last 82 years, spectators have lined up on Montana Avenue on Thanksgiving mornings to support the largest community event in the Southwest. This year the Sun Bowl Thanksgiving is ready and revved up for another spectacular presentation. The parade’s theme this year will be ‘Bobble Heads’ and will include 100 units rolling and marching in the parade. Spectators can expect giant helium balloons, equestrian units, clowns, marching bands, drum and bugle corps units, and much more. This year’s celebrity Grand Marshall will be Ron Stallworth who was raised in El Paso, TX and was the man behind the Spike Lee film, BlacKkKlansman.
- The parade is free for spectators to watch the procession – just make sure you arrive early enough to find parking and good spot to camp out.
- While the parade is free to attend, general seating is available at the stands for $10 – available at any Circle K stores.
- The Oscar Leeser’s Hyundai of El Paso Sun Bowl Parade will travel about 2.7 miles long traveling east on Montana Avenue in Central El Paso. It will begin at Ochoa Street and end at North Copia Street.
Online & TV Broadcast:
- El Pasoans who cannot physically attend the parade will be able to watch live coverage of the parade beginning at 10 a.m. on the local NBC affiliate, KTSM Channel 9 as well as streaming online at ktsm.com.
Don't miss this El Paso family tradition Thanksgiving morning - for more details click HERE.
- Oscar Leeser’s Hyundai of El Paso Sun Bowl
- Thursday – November 28, 2019
- Grand Marshal: Ron Stallworth
- Step off Time: 10:00 a.m. (MST)