Sun Metro Hiring For A Variety Of Positions At Job Fair Next Week
Sun Metro will be hosting a Job Fair next week and encourages El Pasoans looking for a job to attend and apply.
Job seekers interested in starting a profession or changing careers to a public transit position can apply during Sun Metro’s Job Fair next week on Thursday, September 9, 2021.
Sun Metro will be hiring for a variety of employment positions, including:
- Transit operator
- Fleet services technician
- Administrative services
- Facility maintenance
- Fleet Services Assistant: No driver's license or CDL requirements
Job seekers interested in applying for transit operator positions but don’t have a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) can apply for a transit operator trainee position instead. Sun Metro offers new hires extensive paid on-the-job training to assist individuals with earning a CDL.
Interested applicants will also find that benefits include competitive pay, paid sick and vacation leave days, set work schedules, tuition reimbursement, health insurance options, wellness program incentives, and a pension plan.
Other fringe benefits upon hiring include:
- 11 City holidays (including employee’s birthday)
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance ($50,000/employee and $2,000/spouse at no cost to the employee)
- Yearly uniform and shoe allowance
- 6 Wellness Clinics city-wide
- Perfect Attendance Incentive
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Free bus rides for employee and spouse
- City Pension Plan
- Deferred compensation
- Promotional opportunities and much more
Sun Metro’s Job Fair Details:
- Where: Sun Metro’s Transit Operations Center - located at 10151 Montana Avenue
- Date: Thursday, September 9, 2021
- Time: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Can't make it? Apply online HERE
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit sunmetro.net/careers or call 915-212-3333.