Library Branch Accepting U.S. Passport Applications
Beginning this week, the Dorris Van Doren Branch of the El Paso Public Library will become an official Passport Acceptance Facility for the U.S. Department of State.
The Dorris Van Doren library branch located at 551 Redd Road, will now offer passport processing and photo services Mondays thru Saturdays with no appointment necessary.
The branch will accept all necessary documents and forward those to the US Department of State for processing. The process for obtaining a US Passport usually takes 4 to 6 weeks.
What you will need:
- A completed (unsigned) passport application filled out in black ink. Forms are available on US State Department website www.travel.state.gov or at the Dorris Van Doren branch.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship.
- Valid, government-issued photo identification
- One passport photo (photo service available onsite for $10 or provide your own current photo)
- Local Fees (Payable to the City of El Paso. Cash, check or money order only)
- $25 Execution Fee
- Application Fee (payable to US State Department. Check or money order only)
- For complete fee or additional information please visit www.travel.state.gov.
Passport Application Schedule:
- Monday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesday/Thursday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.