South Texas City Tops List for Most Obese City in the US
Over the last couple of years, vehicle theft has skyrocketed in Texas.
TEXAS CAR THEFT STATISTICS
No one knows if you are going to be a victim of car theft however, your chances could be drastically higher depending on what type of vehicle you drive, according to recent Texas auto theft trends.
TRUCKS ARE A HOT ITEM IN TEXAS
If you own a truck in Texas, the statistics are not in your favor. Half of the most stolen vehicles in Texas were trucks out of the top most stolen vehicles in Texas, trucks held down the top 4 spots on the list.
4 TIPS TO PREVENT YOURSELF FROM BECOMING A VICTIM
Once every 40 seconds a vehicle is stolen in the United States. Prevent yourself from becoming a victim with these tips:
- SECURE YOUR VEHICLE
- It just takes a second to lock your car. This creates the first line of defense and doesn't make you an easy target.
- USE A VISIBLE OR AUDIBLE ANTI-THEFT DEVICE:
- Give them a scare with a loud car alarm. This could be the saving grace during a break-in.
- INSTAL A VEHICLE IMMOBILIZER:
- Install a kill switch.
- INVEST IN A GPS TRACKING SYSTEM:
- Track where your car is at all times to help authorities recover your vehicle if it does get stolen.
NICB HOT WHEELS LIST
The National Insurance Crime Bureau released its "Hot Wheels List" revealing the Top 10 most frequently stolen cars in Texas. Check out the shocking list below and see if you need to start locking your car doors more.
Top 10 Most Stolen Cars in Texas
Gallery Credit: Canva