It’s National Voter Registration Day – Are You Registered?
Today is National Voter Registration Day, are you registered to vote for the upcoming November 3rd election?
Back in 2012, the National Association of Secretaries of State established the first National Voter Registration Day urging citizens to register to vote.
The awareness campaign which is celebrated on the fourth Tuesday in September helps ensure eligible voters register in their districts just in time for the upcoming elections.
With one of the biggest presidential elections to date coming up – making sure you are registered to vote is vital. While registration isn’t required in every state (every state has minimum requirements) – these are the deadlines for voters in the state of Texas.
Days To Know:
The deadline to register to vote is:
- By mail: Postmarked by October 5, 2020
- In-person: October 5, 2020
The deadline for Absentee Ballot is:
- Request: October 23, 2020
- Return by Mail: Postmarked by November 3, 2020
Find Out If You're Registered:
- Early voting in Texas begins October 13, 2020, through October 30, but dates and hours may vary based on where you live.
This year, make sure you are seen, heard, and make your vote count. Visit nationalvoterregistrationday.org to learn more.