GNC Closing Stores Including Store At Sunland Park Mall
Another one bites the dust as GNC announces store closures including the El Paso store located at Sunland Park Mall.
After filing for bankruptcy, GNC identified 248 stores that will close imminently as part of the restructuring process after filing for bankruptcy last week. As the health and nutrition store searches for a buyer, GNC may be expected to close between 800 and 1,200 stores in the next few weeks.
The COVID 19 pandemic has negatively impacted many retailers who were already struggling with business creating a slowdown in overall sales. In a statement to customers on its website, GNC stated: “The COVID-19 pandemic created a situation where we were unable to accomplish our refinancing and the abrupt change in the operating environment had a dramatic negative impact on our business."
GNC now joins other retailers across the country who have been forced to close their doors due to the pandemic including the food cafeteria Luby’s, Pier One Imports, JC Penney, Game Stop, Tuesday Morning and Victoria’s Secret to name but a few.
GNC currently operates 7,300 stores around the world, including 3,600 stand-alone locations in the U.S.
- Alamo Corners, 1451 Durenta Avenue, Suite 3, Alamo, TX
- Barton Creek Square, 2901 Capital Of Texas Hwy, Austin, TX
- Sunland Park Mall, 750 Sunland Park Drive, Space J4, El Paso, TX
- North East Mall, 1101 Melbourn Road, Suite #3090, Hurst, TX
- Sheppard Square, 2055 Westheimer, Suite 160, Houston, TX
- Ingram Park Mall, 6301 Northwest Loop 410, San Antonio, TX
- Rivercenter Mall, 849 East Commerce Street, San Antonio, TX
READ MORE: See how some companies are changing their businesses to combat COVID-19