Free Juan Gabriel Tribute Show At Cleveland Square This Weekend
The El Paso community is invited to attend a free tribute concert in honor of Mexican singer-songwriter Juan Gabriel this weekend at Cleveland Square Park in downtown El Paso.
August 28 marks the fifth anniversary of the death of Juan Gabriel, Mexico’s most influential musical icon. The late Juan Gabriel was set to perform to a sold-out crowd at the Don Haskins Center back in 2016, but the legendary Mexican singer passed away hours before his slated appearance.
Known as El Divo de Juarez, the famous Mexican singer-songwriter’s rags to riches life story and immense music catalog throughout the decades solidified and endeared him to audiences on both sides of the border and across the globe.
Listen to Monika middays all week on 93.1 KISS-FM and Download our free 93.1 KISS-FM App.
This weekend Parks and Recreation Department will pay homage to the late singer by celebrating his life with a free concert featuring professional impersonator Aaron Palacios bringing his unique style and flair to the stage.
The free family-friendly concert will take place at Cleveland Square Park across from Southwest University Park and will include other performers and entertainment, including:
- 6 to 7 p.m. General Music
- 7 to 8:45 p.m. Siluetas Band
- 9 to 11 p.m. Aaron Palacios, Juan Gabriel Impersonator
What To Know Before You Go:
- The event is free to attend
- Attendees are encouraged to bring their lawn chairs or blankets to enjoy the show.
- Food trucks will also be on-site featuring some tasty eats.
- Alcohol and grilling will not be allowed.
- Although the event is outdoors, masks are encouraged when not eating or drinking.
For more details, visit Parks and Recreation on Facebook.