El Paso’s Beloved Rosco’s Burger Inn Temporarily Closes Its Doors After Kitchen Fire
Some El Pasoans that were craving a juicy burger from Rosco’s Burger Inn were left hungry with questions and concerns after they noticed that the burger joint was closed for the day.
The reason? A kitchen fire. *Cries in Spanish*
Yup, the beloved central El Paso burger spot’s kitchen caught on fire just before employees were getting ready to open for the day.
Around 8:45 a.m. on Tuesday, first responders were sent to Roscoe’s Burger Inn to put out the fire. Although the fire caused substantial damage, thankfully no one was injured in the fire.
Third-generation Owner Jacob Carrasco took over the restaurant from his father back in 2006. He spoke with KVIA and said that he jumped into action as soon as he realized what was happening.
Because of that quick thinking, he was able to help contain the fire to only the kitchen area and he saved the rest of the restaurant from further damage.
According to a post shared on the restaurant's Facebook page, the restaurant will remain closed temporarily so owners and staff can clean up and do any other necessary repairs they need before letting customers back into the restaurant.
Jacob has no exact estimate on how long the burger spot would remain closed, but I’m sure when they do open their doors again their loyal customers will be there with open arms and a big appetite!
EP Fire Random Act of Kindness