Galeria Lincoln Debuting Christin Apodaca Exhibit Inspired By The Pandemic
Inspired by the current pandemic, El Paso artist Christin Apodaca will debut a new art exhibit this weekend at Galeria Lincoln.
Are You Ok? Documenting Dreams and Self-reflection in Isolation is Christin Apodaca’s new solo show inspired by the pandemic. Apodaca's new art exhibit will also include her work in the new Black Light Room inside Galeria Lincoln.
The Black Light Room is the newest art installation at Galeria Lincoln, whose walls are painted pitch-black in which a revolving door of local artists create their art using neon colors that pop and stand out.
The exhibit will begin this Thursday, just in time for Valentine’s Day weekend, so if you plan on making it a date night, here’s what you need to know.
- Admission: $5 or 2 non-perishable food items (donated to El Pasoans Fighting Hunger)
- Music: DJ Carlifm
- Coffee provided by locals Slowgoblin
- BYOB also allowed
- Social distancing and safety guidelines will be observed.
- The gift shop will also be open, featuring artist-made Valentine’s Day cards.
Galeria Lincoln’s neighbors, Old Sheepdog Brewery, will also be joining in on the fun by making available their Valentine’s Day craft beer. By the way, when you order your Valentine's Day craft beer, make sure to check out the "I Love You" beer can; designed by local artists Paola (@hellopaola) and Tina Ortega. The debut of the aptly named Chocolate Covered Strawberries Valentine’s Day craft beer will be available through February while supplies last.
Support local while taking in some local art and craft beer this Valentine’s Day weekend.
- Are You Okay? Documenting Dreams and Self-reflection in Isolation by Christin Apodaca
- Galeria Lincoln - 3915 Rosa Ave, El Paso, TX 79905
- February 11 - 13, 2021
- 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- $5 Admission
LOOK: 'Muppets' Artist's Magical Woodland Home Could Be Yours