Downtown Hotel Tour Offers Guests A Peek Into Historic Downtown El Paso Hotel’s
El Paso is full of so much culture and most of that culture is in the buildings that stand tall in Downtown El Paso. However, it’s the beautiful hotels in Downtown El Paso that sometimes make you feel like you’re not in El Paso and that may have a little more history to them that you may not be aware of and this weekend you’ll have a chance to tour a few of those hotels.
The El Paso Downtown Management District is looking to give people a look into some iconic hotels in the Downtown area with their Downtown Hotel Tour. This tour offers an opportunity to walk through beautiful Downtown El Paso while learning about the history of El Paso’s hotels.
“You’ll witness hotel mainstays belonging to familiar brands boasting some of the best views in town, boutique hotels showcasing the local flavor, and even hotels brimmed with an intriguing history. Long-standing, once stagnant structures have been given new life and a consistent historical building is nearing one-hundred years of activity," reads the organizations website.
Guests will be provided with a literal map to tour the collection of hotels at their own pace and food will also be offered at each hotel stop:
- Stanton House-Ceviche and a Handmade Tostada
- Aloft El Paso Downtown-Grilled Cheese and Tomato Bisque-provided by Cheezus
- Hotel Indigo El Paso Downtown-Oven Baked Pizza
- Gardner Hotel-Mini Samosas, Fried Olives, and Crostinis with Tapenade
- Hotel Paso Del Norte- Shrimp and Grits with Blackened Jumbo Shrimp
- DoubleTree by Hilton El Paso Downtown-Woodfire Pizzas on the Terrace
- Courtyard El Paso Downtown-Mini Muffins and Mimosas
Guests will also have a chance at winning prizes that will be offered by each hotel featured in the tour. The more hotels you visit, the greater your odds of winning.
Prizes include overnight hotel stays and a $50 restaurant gift card along with a grand prize of a $500 Southwest Airlines gift card and a luggage set!
Guests will also have a chance to win an overnight stay at one of these hotels:
- -Courtyard by Marriott
- -DoubleTree by Hilton
- -Gardner Hotel
- -Hotel Indigo
- -Hotel Paso Del Norte
- -Stanton House
Saturday's forecast is looking to be PERFECT for something like this. We will be tracking sunny skies, afternoon highs will be in the lower 80s, and winds will be nice and calm with an occasional breeze throughout the afternoon.
So, if you have no plans this weekend and want to learn more about El Paso’s hotel history then purchase your tickets by clicking here.
Opportunities for volunteer work are also needed for this tour:
The El Paso Downtown Management District is currently seeking volunteers to help with this tour and is offering two shifts:
- Shift 1 will take place from 10 am to 1:30 pm
- Shift 2 will take place from 1 pm to 4:30 pm
Volunteers will receive a free event t-shirt, lunch and will also be entered into a drawing for a chance at winning prizes.
Volunteers must be 16 years old or older to participate and can find more details by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date and Time:
- Saturday, April 2
- 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Check-in: 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at District Coffee Co., 222 Texas Ave
- Self-Guided Tour: 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Hotels throughout Downtown (see below for participating hotels)
Tickets are on sale now!!
- $15 -Ticket includes a tour of all 7 hotels Downtown, entry into the raffle, and swag.
- Buy Your Tickets Here
*Children under the age of 3 are free.