5 Off-The-Beaten-Path Events Going Down In The 915 This Weekend
Don't spend another boring weekend at home; instead, head out and discover some of El Paso's fun and creative sides at these off-the-beaten-path events.
Everyone always likes to poke fun that there is never anything to do in El Paso, but the truth is plenty is going on around town all the time. From art shows to live music and everything in between, El Paso offers plenty of creative flow for all.
This weekend, discover the hidden treasures around the city from a gigantic hanger estate sale to a haunted drag show, open mic night, or maybe check out a play and much more.
So venture out from the ordinary and try something different and whatever you decide to do, enjoy the fun, and thanks for supporting local.
Giant Hanger Estate Sale
If you are a collector, you will love this huge estate sale hosted by ROBERTS at a hanger. Find various items, including thousands of LPs & 45's, books, Shop-vac, Craftsman 4HP compressor, Craftsman 22" weed trimmer, gas weed whackers, Cub Cadet lawn mower, tables of collectible, toys, dolls, and games. Plus, find tables of vintage glassware, figurines, China, vases, and much more.
- Date: February 19 & 20, 2022 (Saturday & Sunday) 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Location: 7 Cielo Lindo in Eldorado Estates off Gato Rd.
- Admission: Free
- More Info: Visit ROBERTS on Facebook
Haunted Drag Show
It may not be Halloween yet, but you can still run into ghosts, especially at the WigWam in downtown El Paso. Enjoy a bloody good time at Love Me Dead, a Haunted Drag Show featuring a live DJ, drag performances, followed by an EVP session.
- Date: Friday, February 8, 2022
- Location: 110 E. San Antonio, 79901
- Admission: $16.66 / 18+ (Click HERE for tickets details)
- More Info: Visit @roygdilf on Instagram
Barbed Wire Open Mic Series
When I lived in Portland, I attended an open mic series at least once a week, and here in El Paso, local Richie Marrufo has been hosting and hustling to bring some of the city's most exciting creatives in front of the mic for the last few years. A sign-up sheet will be available for those who wish to perform. Spots are limited, so make plans to be there early (or DM them on the day of the event). Open to all genres, and it is an all-ages show.
- Date: Friday, February 18, 2022
- Location: Craft Rhythm & Brews,1301 Texas Ave, 79901
- Admission: Free
- More Info: Visit BWOMS on Facebook
Zin Valle Vineyards
- Date: February 20, 2022, from noon to 5 p.m.
- Location: 7315 Canutillo-La Union Road Canutillo, Texas 79835
- Admission: Free / VIP: $50
- More Info: Visit Zin Valle Winery on Facebook
Moon Over Buffalo at the El Paso Playhouse
- Date: Friday & Saturday - February 18 & 19, 2022, at 8 p.m.
- Location: El Paso Playhouse at 2501 Montana Ave, 79903
- Admission: $9 +
- More Info: Visit El Playhouse on Facebook