2020 Sun City Crit Heads Back to El Paso
For the second year in a row, the 2020 Sun City Crit will bring bike races and activities for all ages to Downtown El Paso.
The 2020 Sun City CRIT is the first of a 10-race season-spanning March through September that showcases some of the world’s best athletes racing bikes across the U.S. Each race is televised live and on-demand on USACRITS.TV and collectively features a $200,000 purse up for grabs equally for both men and women.
The family-friendly event will take place in downtown El Paso on Saturday, March 28, 2020, featuring bike races and activities for all ages and ability levels from kids to professionals – For a full list of scheduled activities CLICK HERE
- Kids between the ages of 3 and 10 can participate
- Must bring own bike - Big Wheels, tricycles, and two-wheelers
- Must have a helmet and the permission of a parent or guardian
- Early registration will be held at Podium Finish, 921 Texas St. on March 27th
- Day-of registration will also be available
- Registration is $5 per child and all proceeds will benefit the El Paso Children’s Hospital
- Adults can participate in the All-Star Relay Race on March 28 at 6:30 p.m.
- Each team of four is required to bring their own bikes and helmets and are encouraged to dress in their favorite 80’s themed costumes.
- Registration is $40 and can be completed HERE
The Sun City Crit 5k and 1-mile run will also be held on March 28th with an entry fee of $20 for both 5k and 1-mile run. Participants have the option to run one or both races. The top 20 male and female runners of the 5k will be seeded at the front of the 1-mile race start line and a $250 prize will be awarded to the male and female winners of the 1-mile run. To register in advance CLICK HERE
Spectators are encouraged to visit and cheer on the cyclists - Activities will be ongoing throughout the day with a kid’s fun zone, food, beer tent, live music and much more.