You’re Invited To Last Thursdays With The Downtown Arts District Tonight!
Last Thursdays is collaboration between the Downtown Arts District and mARTket: Bring It Downtown…
Last Thursdays features art exhibitions, artwork for purchase, food trucks, culinary tastings, live artist demonstrations, performances, and live-music, in downtown on the last Thursday of every month.
Tonight will be the official launch of Last Thursdays, which is a new monthly gathering for El Pasoans, artists, collectors and art patrons to experience the contemporary art scene of El Paso and see the art renaissance that has emerged downtown. Last Thursdays is modeled after monthly art walks found in several other metropolitan cities and will be an exciting new addition to the culture, arts, nightlife, live performance and the culinary arts of El Paso.
Downtown will be popping tonight:
- Mills Avenue, between Mesa and Kansas; Foodville will feature artworks available for purchase, the Crave and Create food trucks will be serving, and bands Lunatic and Vis Vindigo will be performing. Admission at Foodville is $3.
- Next to Foodville, is the Purple Pop Up Gallery, where a curated exhibition of visual artworks will be on display, as well as Karaoke open to the public. The Tea + Garden in the Cortez building will be hosting a tea party with free tastings.
- 315 S. El Paso Street – Loft Light Studios will be exhibiting new art works for purchase by emerging artists working in the following media: watercolor, oil painting, acrylic painting, photography, screen-printing, and fashion and jewelry design.
- 500 W. Overland suite 250 – The Station is hosting an event with visual-art, music, live printing, live painting, jewelry making classes, networking, and Sotol and beer tastings.
- 504 W. San Antonio – Valentine’s Kitchen & Bar is celebrating Last Thursdays by offering a special menu and drink selection at a discount for Last Thursday revelers.
- 501 Texas Avenue – Bear Space Collective will be exhibiting visual artworks.
- 209 Texas Avenue – 2nd Floor Contemporary Arts Center art exhibition opening
- 209 S El Paso Street – Tricky Falls
Last Thursday’s is open to the public. mARTket charges $3 for the Foodville concert and art show, all other venues are FREE of charge.
The event runs from 6:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.