Top 5 Reasons El Pasoans Can’t Drive In The Rain
If you’re new to the EP, you’re probably wondering why rain is such a big deal here. The news stations send out all their reporters in rain gear, have super sexy graphics telling you where to find sandbags because of all the flooding expected, and all for about a half inch of rain! Well, we live in the desert, so we don’t see the wet stuff often, so it throws us for a loop, especially on the road.
We’re supposed to get rain intermittently throughout the weekend, and unless you’re planning on staying home until it all blows over, you’re going to have to do some driving. Before you head out, you need to know that we suck at driving in the rain. Hey, it’s the desert, cut us some slack! But, as a public service, I’m going to tell you why our rainy day driving skeeels are so crappy:
- We like to yell, “WHEEEEEEEEE!” like the pig in the commercial as we go barreling through puddles in the street.
- We think ‘hydroplaning’ sounds like a lot of fun!
- We forget to keep our eyes on the road because we’re too busy looking at all the pretty, pretty clouds in the sky!
- We think that if we drive super fast, we’ll go between the raindrops so our ride won’t get dirty.
- We have to get where we’re going NOW because our back window won’t roll up!
Ok, you’ve been warned!