Popular Excuses To Get Out Of A Traffic Ticket
There’s a new survey that came out by Insurance.com that is based on 500 drivers and it breaks down which are the most popular excuses that motorists have used to get out of traffic ticket.
I was actually not that impressed by the excuses and can’t believe they actually worked. Feel free to try anyway.
Here’s a look at the top 11:
1. I couldn’t see the sign telling me not to do it: 20. 4%
2. I’m lost and unfamiliar with the roads: 15.6%
3. I didn’t know it was broken: 12.4%
4. Everyone else was doing it: 6.4%
5. I’m having an emergency situation in my car. (For instance, spilled a hot drink on your lap.):5.4%
6. I missed my turn/exit: 4.8%
7. I had to go to the bathroom: 4.6%
8. I didn’t do anything dangerous: 4.2%
9. I was on my way to an emergency. (For example, to help someone who is ill or injured.): 4%
10. My GPS said it was the right thing to do: 2.2%
11. I’m just helping out; I wasn’t even supposed to be driving. (For example, your friend is intoxicated.): 2%
What’s your sure-fire excuse to get out of a ticket?