Office Pet Peeves – What Annoys You Most At Work?
Work in a cubicle?
Everyone who has worked in an office has been privy to some annoying co-worker habits or pet peeves.
I love my job but one of my pet peeves is that everyone goes to get coffee and just forgets to turn off the pot. Next thing you know, there’s the smell of burnt coffee wafting up and down the hall.
Here’s some of the most complained about pet peeves from an office environment:
- Loud typing
- Loud talkers / people who take calls on speakerphone
- Loud or irritating mobile phone ringtones
- Listening to music or videos without headphones
- People chatting by your workspace
- Chewing gum
- A pungent-smelling lunch
- Taking food from the refrigerator that isn’t yours
- Dirty common areas (such as a dirty community microwave or refrigerator)
- People borrowing and not returning items from your desk
- Too much perfume
- Grooming (filing/clipping/polishing nails, tweezing, etc.)
- Not filling an empty printer with paper
- Coming to the office when sick
- Other ___________
What annoys you most at work?