Frozen Pumpkin Mouse Pie Recipe Just In Time For The Holidays!!
Love me the quick and easy recipes!
Say goodbye to boring Pumpkin Pie and make room for a tasty treat the whole family will love!
With all the holidays fast approaching and all the family dinners you are planning to attend or cook yourself, here is a fast and yummy recipe that will definitely delight all your guests and save you some precious time.
Frozen Pumpkin Mouse Pie (From EatingWell.com)
- 30 small gingersnap cookies, about 7 1/2 ounces
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, canned
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 2 pints low-fat vanilla ice cream, 4 cups; frozen, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray.
- To prepare crust: Combine gingersnaps and raisins in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add oil and pulse until blended. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan.
- Bake the crust until set, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To prepare filling: Combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a large bowl and mix well. Add ice cream and stir until blended. Spoon the mixture into the cooled pie crust. Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours. Let the pie soften slightly in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.