El Paso’s Rosa’s Cantina Among Top 10 Must-Visit Bars in America
Subscribe to KISS FM on
There are those people whose bucket list consists of spending at least one summer in Paris before being bagged, tagged and greeted by Saint Peter at the pearly gates. And then, there are those whose aspirations to fulfill their lifelong dreams are a bit more modest – like getting sauced in some of the most culturally significant bars in America.
Seriously, while the average Joe is scratching off death defying feats, like skydiving and bungee jumping, Dr. Clint Lanier and Derek Hembree are plotting a debaucherous journey to 40 of their favorite bars in the United States with the most historical relevance.
Incidentally, making the “must-visit” list with other famous watering holes in places like Boston, Chicago and New York is the legendary Rosa’s Cantina in El Paso, Texas, ranking in at number 6. This roadside saloon is said to have inspired the song “El Paso” by Marty Robbins, and tourists from all over visit the tavern every year just to have a few beers and listen to the infamous ballad where it was first conceptualized.
Here are the Top 10 Must-Visit Bars in America:
1. Heinold’s First and Last Chance Saloon – Oakland, CA.
2. City Tavern – Philadelphia, PA.
3. Pioneer Saloon – Goodsprings, NV.
4. El Chapultepec – Denver, CO.
5. McSorley’s – New York City
6. Rosa’s Cantina – El Paso, TX.
7. Scholz Garten – Austin, TX.
8. Green Mill Lounge – Chicago, IL.
9. The Townhouse Venice and Del Monte Speakeasy – Venice Beach, CA
10. The Old ’76 House – Tappan, NY