Check Out 8 New Downtown El Paso Restaurants
Downtown El Paso used to be a ghost town. Empty buildings, no one walking the streets, no one hanging out at San Jacinto Plaza. There really wasn't much to do downtown and not much to see.
That has changed over the past few years with the building of Southwest University ballpark, the renovation of San Jacinto Plaza, and buildings being renovated. People are going downtown and those people need to be fed. There are few new, and one not so new, restaurants you should check out on your next trip to downtown El Paso.
1. Rent-A-Chef - This is the restaurant that so many have enjoyed at San Jacinto Plaza. It's not new, but it might be new if you haven't been downtown recently. Check out their Facebook page.
2. Crepe & Co - Darren and I went to this restaurant this weekend and it was outstanding. Amazing crepes, a donut ice cream sandwich you won't believe, and a cool atmosphere. Check out their Facebook page.
3. Fish Bar - Beer pong showdowns, featured DJs, and a pool table. This downtown night spot is one of the newest additions to the Union Plaza night life. Check out their Facebook page.
4. Delight - This downtown restaurant has familiar dishes like soups and sandwiches, but they also have a Mediterranean Lamb Burger that you should try. Check out their Facebook page.
5. Coco Loko Clamatos y Mariscos - Papas Locas con Ceviche and Ceviche Borracho. Is your mouth watering yet? Coco Loko has great food and Karaoke night, as well. What's not to love? Check out their Facebook page.
6. Fresco Juice and Fruit Bar - If you're downtown and looking for a healthy option, head to Fresco's. They have fresh juice, smoothies, cold pressed, and a fruit bar, among other options. Check out their Facebook page.
7. NY Deli - Who wouldn't want a fresh gourmet deli hot or cold sandwich, wraps, soup, or salads? If you're downtown and need breakfast or lunch, you need NY Deli. Check out their Facebook page.
8. International - This restaurant has a loft style floor plan and a rooftop bar with a front row view of San Jacinto Plaza. Grab some of their craft cocktails and kick back and relax. Check out their Facebook page.