Southern NM State Fair Brings The Fun With Night Carnival Lights
The Southern New Mexico State Fair and Rodeo return with five days full and nights of fun, food, and carnival rides, to the Southern New Mexico State Fairgrounds this month.
Leave the day fun to families with kids because there is something magical about the twinkling of carnival lights at night, along with all the fun of live music, games, and much more to enjoy after the sun has set.
This year the Southern NM State Fair and Rodeo will open early at 9 a.m. for the early risers and stay open late (10 p.m. weekday / 12 a.m. weeknights) for all the night owls.
Since 1966 riders from all across the region have been competing for money and prizes in bull riding and breakaway roping competitions at the Southern New Mexico State Fair and Rodeo.
While the rodeo is the heart of the fair, it also features fun for the entire family, including over 200 exhibitors, artisans, carnival rides, various food vendors, musical entertainment including performances by Keith Anderson and the Cadillac Kings, and attractions including a baking contest, a Queen and Princes pageant and a crazy hat competition.
Southern NM State Fair and Rodeo highlights include:
- Rides by Frazier Carnival Shows
- Professional rodeo on Friday and Saturday
- Nascar Simulator
- Aerial acrobatics by Cirque Adventure
- Borderland A’s Model A Ford Club will have a variety of vehicles on display
- Magical performances by Tyler Corsaut
- Mariachi performances
- Antique tractor displays
- A petting zoo for the kids
- For a full schedule of events, click HERE
The 54th annual Southern NM State Fair and Rodeo begins September 29th through October 3rd at the Southern NM State Fairgrounds in Las Cruces, less than an hour away from El Paso.
- Admission: Adult, child, Pre-Sale All you can Ride and Carnival Mega Pass passes available
- Price: $14 for adults / $10 for ages 7-14 / Free for ages 6 and under / $20 Pre-sale / $100 Carnival Mega Pass.
- To purchase tickets - click HERE
- $5 discount all day Wednesday (door purchase only)
- $5 discount till 2 p.m. Thur-Fri (door purchase only)
- $15 adults after 2 p.m. Thursday-Friday and all day Saturday-Sunday
- The ticket includes fair exhibits, entertainment, rodeo, and concerts
So leave the sunscreen at home and instead swap it for bug spray and get ready to make new memorable moments at this year's Southern NM State Fair and Rodeo.
Southern New Mexico State Fair and Rodeo
- September 29 - October 03, 2021
- Southern New Mexico State Fairgrounds
- 12125 Robert Larsen Boulevard, Las Cruces, NM 88005
- Hours: Thurs. 9 a.m. - 10 p.m., Fri - Sat 9 a.m. - 12 a.m., Sun. 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
For more information and directions, visit snmstatefairgrounds.net.