Free Gardening Workshops Being Offered to El Pasoans
Calling all gardeners, don’t miss these free gardening workshops to help grow your garden this spring.
The City of El Paso Office of Resilience and Sustainability has coordinated with the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, to provide a free Gardening 101 Workshop series beginning on Friday, April 1, 2016.
The community gardening workshops are taught by the El Paso County Masters Gardeners. These workshops provide people of all ages and all skill levels to learn regionally appropriate gardening techniques including:
- Identifying and selecting garden soil
- Water-saving irrigation techniques
- Lawn maintenance best practices
- Managing garden bugs
- How to plant in the fall, winter, and spring
El Pasoans are encouraged to grow their own local food to support healthier and more sustainable lifestyles in our region, as well as opportunities to contribute to the local economy. By growing our own food it helps reduce our food miles, which contributes to improved air quality for our region.
The workshops will be held at the Multipurpose Center at 9031 Viscount. To register or learn more about the Gardening 101 Workshop Series call (915) 212-0115.
Gardening 101 Workshop Series schedule:
- Friday, April 1, 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, May 6, 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 3, 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 8, 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 5, 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.