What’s That Weird Looking Airplane At The El Paso Airport? It’s The Super Guppy And I Got To Go Inside [PHOTOS]
If you’ve ever driven past the El Paso airport on Boeing, you might have seen a really weird looking aircraft that looks kind of like a whale with wings. It’s not a whale, it’s the Super Guppy, and I got the chance to get up close and personal with this amazing aircraft.
The Super Guppy is used to transport oversized cargo for the government and private industry. The Super Guppy is a little over 36 feet tall. The tail is even taller at just over 48 feet high, and it is 143 feet long. Its wingspan is 156 feet, and let me tell you, walking up on this thing is really impressive.
I’ve never seen the Super Guppy in the air, but after getting the chance to see it and walk around in it, I can only imagine that it is really a sight to see.
1. Super Guppy – On the tarmac
2. Super Guppy – The wing span is staggering
3. Super Guppy – Check out the person standing next to it to figure out how really huge this thing is
4. Super Guppy – The stairs leading inside the Guppy
5. Super Guppy – The Guppy even has a Superman logo on it
6. Super Guppy – The interior cargo area, and yes, it really is this beautiful