Volunteer Opportunities in El Paso – Help El Paso Vets by Volunteering this Spring
If you’re looking to make a positive impact in El Paso, there are several causes asking for volunteers this month. Emergence Health Network is working on three projects aimed at helping El Paso veterans and they’re asking for your help.
The H.O.P.E. Institute, a shelter for female, is a safe home for females needing assistance and shelter in El Paso. Volunteers are needed each Saturday, beginning April 27th, to assist with building the shelter and/or providing breakfast, lunch, and water for volunteers.
- 9:00 a.m.-4 :00 p.m. every Saturday until the shelter is completed.
- 5020 Rutherford Drive, 79924
- Contact Hope Jackson, (915)-207-7955, for more information.
The newly launched Unitarian Universalist Community of El Paso's Veteran Food Pantry is also in need of volunteers and donations. The pantry was opened to assist veterans and military families with supplying food to their families.
A food drive is scheduled for May 4th with the assistance of area high schools.
- El Dorado High School will be set up at the Wal-Mart located at 1850 N. Zaragoza on the corner of Saul Klienfield and Zaragoza from 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Volunteers are needed as well as tables, tents, boxers, water, and coolers for the volunteers.
- Americas High School will be set up at the Neighborhood Wal-Mart located at 8115 N. Loop and Yarbrough from 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Volunteers are needed as well as tables, tents, boxers, water, and coolers for the volunteers.
Donations are also accepted at 4425 Byron Ave, every Monday from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.Contact Mireya Lopez (MVPN), 915-831-9271 for additional details
Lastly, the El Paso Coalition for the Homeless will be scheduling a large event this fall. For volunteer information, contact Camille Castillo, email@example.com.