UTEP’s Family Fitness Fiesta Happens This Weekend
UTEP kicks off Homecoming with the sixth annual Miner Dash 5k Run and 3K walk and Family Fitness Fiesta this Sunday, Sept. 27, 2015.
The event will feature a bicycling challenge, yoga, rock-climbing, zumba, a push-up challenge, nutrition workshop as well as a stadium step challenge. There will also be a tricycle track for toddlers, along with an inflatable obstacle course, and bungee jumping.
The Family Fitness Fiesta will be held at Kidd Field where participants can take part on the Passport to Fitness challenge. Those who finish six out of 10 physical activities will become eligible for a prize drawing, which is an aerial tour of El Paso for three people.
The route for the run/walk will begin at Kidd Field and wind through the UTEP campus. Participants will be divided into different age groups: 9 and under, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70 and over.
Trophies will be awarded for the 5K run’s overall winner, male and female. Gold, silver and bronze will be given to the first three place winners in each age group. The 3K walk is noncompetitive.
Miner Dash Schedule
- Saturday, Sept. 26, 2015
- Early packet pick-up from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 26, at the Mike Loya Building on the corner of Schuster and Hawthorne.
- Sunday, Sept. 27 at Kidd Field
- 7 – 7:45 a.m. packet pick-up before the race
- 8 a.m. 5K Run/3K walk starts.
- 9 a.m. Family Fitness Fiesta and Passport to Fitness starts.
- 9 a.m. Miner Dash winners will be announced
- 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Passport to Fitness Prize Drawings
- Miner Dash proceeds will benefit UTEP’s College of Health Sciences Programs.
- A discount is available for UTEP students, alumni, faculty and staff. Registration for the Family Fitness Fiesta is $5.
- Register at chs.utep.edu/runwalk/
For more information, call (915) 747-7245 or email email@example.com.