UTEP’s 2015 Homecoming Activities
Miner Nation is preparing for their 2015 Homecoming. Here's a look at this week's festivities:
Friday – Oct. 2, 2015
- A re-dedication of Mining Heritage Park will take place on the north side of campus. President Natalicio will speak at the event scheduled for 2:30 to 3:15 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 2.
- The 2015 recipients of the Distinguished Alumni Award will also be recognized at the Distinguished Alumni Awards Dinner at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 2, hosted by the Office of Alumni Relations in the Don Haskins Center.
- The Student Engagement and Leadership Center will host a Float-Making Party at 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 2 in the University Towers parking lot of Oregon Street. The tradition pits registered student organizations on campus against each other in a weeks’ worth of different activities related to UTEP’s homecoming.
Saturday – Oct. 3, 2015
- The floats will be on display during the Homecoming Parade at 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 3. The parade will run from Oregon Street to Glory Road and will include the UTEP marching band and cheerleaders, athlete appearances and creative floats. The Homecoming Pep Rally will immediately follow the Homecoming Parade at 2 p.m. at Kidd Field.
- The UTEP men’s football team will play The University of Texas at San Antonio at 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 3 in the Sun Bowl. During halftime the top teams in the RSOlympics will be escorted onto the field and a champion will be announced.