UTEP Screening American Sniper Film
In support of Military Appreciation Week, the Office of Student Life at UTEP will be screening the film, American Sniper along with a panel discussion.
The biographical war drama, American Sniper was directed by Clint Eastwood and stars Bradley Cooper who portrays real life Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle who was the most lethal sniper in U.S. military history with 160 confirmed kills.
Before the film screening there will be a discussion panel about the awareness of living and witnessing PTSD.
Discussion Panel Moderated By:
- Dr. Jorge A. Marquez, Clinical Counselor, University Counseling Center
- Tiffany Henley, UTEP Employee and Military Spouse
- Krista Lane, UTEP Student Veteran
- Nicholas Tofilon, Counselor at El Paso Vet Center
- Corene Seymour, Center for Accommodation and Support Service (CASS) Representative
- Brandt Smith, Student Veteran and Representative, The Society of Military Psychology
There is a $2.00 general admission fee and Military with a valid ID get in free. Tickets can be purchased at the University Ticket Center. Concessions will be available and the venue is ADA Accessible and the film will have Closed Captioning.
- American Sniper
- Wednesday, May 6, 2015
- UTEP Union Cinema | Union Building East, 1st Floor
- Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
- 6:00 p.m. Discussion Panel, 7:15 p.m. Film Presentation
For more information contact the Office of Student Life at (915) 747-5648