UTEP Kicks off Homecoming 2016 This Weekend
The University of Texas at El Paso will begin celebrating Homecoming festivities on Sunday, October 23 through October 29, 2016.
Proud UTEP alumni and students will partake in a week long series of fun and events with this year’s Homecoming theme – Pete’s Arcade – which pays homage to video arcade-style games.
7th annual Miner Dash 5K Run/3K Walk and Family Fitness Fiesta
- Homecoming kicks off from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Sunday, October 23 at UTEP’s Centennial Plaza. The event will feature a wheelchair division and activities for the whole family, including a rock climbing wall, simulated bicycling challenge, bungee jumping, a tricycle track for toddlers, an inflatable obstacle course, Zumba and yoga.
- This takes place from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Sunday, October 23 at Magoffin Auditorium. More than 20 UTEP students representing various colleges and student organizations will compete for the title of UTEP’s 2016 Homecoming King and Queen. The public is invited to help cheer on the contestants.
Sixth Annual Major General Juan G. Ayala Military Appreciation Breakfast
- All active and veteran military and military-affiliated individuals are encouraged to attend from 7:30 a.m. – 9 a.m. Friday, October 28 in the Geological Sciences Building, Geology Reading Room 310.
- Begins at 2 p.m. on Saturday, October 29th beginning at Mesita ECDC at Vilas and ending at Centennial Plaza on the UTEP campus.
- The fun continues as UTEP students, alumni and friends display their Miner pride at the Pep Rally beginning at 3 p.m. at Centennial Plaza.
- The UTEP men’s football team will play Old Dominion starting at 6 p.m. October 29th at Sun Bowl Stadium.
- Inner campus tailgates start at 2 p.m. while outer lots may begin at 8 a.m. For more information on tailgating rules and regulations, visit tailgate.utep.edu.
View a complete schedule of Homecoming events and festivities HERE.