U2 Announces “The Joshua Tree Tour” for 2017
No it’s not 1987; U2 is really going on tour in 2017 in support of their 1987 mega hit album – The Joshua Tree!
If you are a fan of U2 then this is one tour you may not want to miss out on. I was way too young to see them back in ’87 for the original Joshua Tree tour but 30 years later the band is heading out on the road to celebrate the anniversary of the album that elevated them to Super Rock Star status and I won’t be missing it the second time around.
The band recently announced a six-week tour in North America and European dates including a date in Dublin, the bands hometown, on July 22, 2017. The Joshua Tree tour will kick off on May 12, 2017 in Vancouver B.C. Opening acts for the North American tour will swap out between OneRepublic, The Lumineers and Mumford and Sons while the European tour will feature Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds as the opening act.
Tickets will surely sell fast so keep track of the following dates when tickets go on sale to the general public and members of the U2 fan club.
- Pre-sale Tickets: Fan club members of U2.com can purchase tickets on Wednesday, January 11, 2017.
- European Leg: Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Monday, January 16, 2017.
- North American Leg: Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Tuesday, January 17, 2017.
U2 set the bar high back in 1987 with their album, The Joshua Tree. The album features classic songs such as Where the Streets Have No Name, Running to Stand Still, With or Without You, Bullet the Blue Sky and sold out arenas and performed to millions across the world. The album has been ranked by music critics as one of the greatest albums of all time.
- May 12 — Vancouver, B.C.
- May 14 — Seattle, Wash.
- May 17 — Santa Clara, Calif.
- May 20 — Los Angeles, Calif.
- May 24 — Houston, Texas
- May 26 — Dallas, Texas
- June 3 — Chicago, Ill.
- June 7 — Pittsburgh, Pa.
- June 11 — Miami, Fla.
- June 14 — Tampa, Fla.
- June 18 — Philadelphia, Pa.
- June 20 — Washington, D.C.
- June 23 — Toronto, Ont.
- June 25 — Boston, Mass.
- June 28 — East Rutherford, N.J.
- July 1 — Cleveland, Ohio
- July 8 — London, England
- July 12 — Berlin, Germany
- July 15 — Rome, Italy
- July 18 — Barcelona, Spain
- July 22 — Dublin, Ireland
- July 25 — Paris, France
- July 29 — Amsterdam, Netherlands
- August 1 — Brussels, Belgium