Two Theatre Camps Available for Kids This Summer
Kids will be out of school for summer soon and if they are interested in theatre, then these two camps might be the answer to keeping them busy.
Theater Camp at KIDS-N-CO
Production Camps 1 & 2 (ages 8 through 15)
- Classes begin June 15 with another beginning July 21.
- Production Camps are four weeks long with classes every weekday from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and tuition is $300 per session.
- Students are involved in all aspects of theater including acting, building, sewing and makeup. Public performances will be presented the final weekend of each camp.
Four-week Musical Production Camp (ages 8 through 15)
- Classes begins June 22
- Musical Production Camp is four weeks long with classes every weekday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and tuition is $300 per session.
- Musical Theater Camp is taught by Tanisha Lewis, a veteran performer for the UTEP Dinner Theater and a theater teacher with YISD. Students are involved in all aspects of putting on a musical including acting, singing, dancing and makeup. Public performances of the Musical Theater Camp production will be presented the final weekend of camp.
Two-week Kinder Camps (ages 5 through 7)
- Classes begins July 20 with another beginning August 3.
- Kinder Camps are every weekday from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. and cost $150 per session.
- Long-time KNC teachers Jim Lupercio leads the camp with Mia Carreon. Students will perform for their parents the evening of the final Friday of each session.
Costume Design & Sewing Classes
These classes are offered to people of all ages and are offered throughout the year with Sharon Moore (915) 408-4401. Classes are one-to-one sessions. The cost is $200 for 10 sessions.
Register at 1301 Texas Ave. from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., or 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Or register by phone during those hours at (915) 351-1455.
Note: Students who miss 2 or more classes should not enroll.
Theatre Camp at UTEP
This camp focuses on the acting and rehearsal process. All students will learn the fundamentals of the performance process of theatre culminating in a live performance for family and friends on the last day of the camp. These camps require a great deal of dedication and discipline from all students involved.
- Ages 7-12, Monday-Friday, 9a.m.-12p.m. = $250
- Students should have a second grade reading/writing level and class will be facilitated by Adriana Dominguez a UTEP Faculty member.
- Ages 13-18, Monday-Friday, 9a.m.-12p.m.=$250
- Class will be facilitated by Rebecca Rivas and Adriana Dominguez, both UTEP faculty members.
For more information call 915-747-5118
- June 8, 2015 - June 26, 2015
500 W University Ave, El Paso, TX 79902
- Event Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Venue: UTEP - Wise Family Theatre
- Admission: $250