Trees for Troops Is Happening at Fort Bliss This Weekend
Beginning Friday morning, armed forces members and their families will be able to receive a free Christmas tree thanks to Trees for Troops taking place at Biggs Park on Fort Bliss.
Since 2005, Trees for Troops has provided real Christmas trees to armed forces members and their families in the U.S. and stationed overseas, distributing more than 157,000 trees to date.
This year, trees will be distributed to families who belong to all ranks and retirees while supplies last. Those who are able to take a non perishable food item(s) or a canned good(s) is much appreciated to help replenish the food pantry at the Junior Enlisted Family Center. Trees for Troops will take place on Friday, Dec. 11, 2015 beginning at 9 a.m. until all trees are gone at Biggs Park on Fort Bliss.
Trees for Troops notes:
- Military ID card holders only
- Families will not be able to pick out tree
- Tree stands will not be provided
- Must provide own transportation for live trees
- No exchanges once you have received a tree
- Trees are handed out randomly
- Date subject to change due to delivery of trees